When people discover you can’t have children they almost always say “You should adopt” but some people desire the whole experience and it’s just not the same. Being able to carry a child in your body builds a bound that is indescribable! For many years I tried to conceive. Even after going through many test, procedures, and surgery, I was and still am unable to have a child.
People use to tell me that if I just stopped thinking about it, it would happen. Others laid their hands on me, then others said that I just needed to truly believe that it would happen and until I did it would not. And then there were those that said I should just adopt. What I said was I wanted to HAVE a child, not GET a child. And the other thing was that I already have a child who is 18 now. I desired to have one with my husband. That was the dream, to carry his child and have him rub my belly and we’d take pictures together while I carried him or her and so on.
Maybe if I didn’t have a son I would feel differently and consider adoption. But even still, that would have to be laid on my heart from the Lord. I’ve accepted that He has only saw fit to bless me with one child. He knows better than I why He created me, and I have many things that I am to do. They really don’t center around me having babies, but being a woman who goes out and speaks, teaches, and gives.
Where am I going with all of this? Well I’m going to give you a few things to never say to women who are not having children for what ever reason. Because the truth is, you can be asking someone “When are you gonna have some kids?” and that could be an area of struggle for them. Here they are:
1) It will happen one day. YOU DON’T KNOW THAT FOR SURE.
2) Just pray about it. I BELIEVE THAT’S A GIVEN and you have no clue as to how much and how long they’ve prayed.
3) What are you guys waiting for? JUST DONT SAY THIS.
4) Keep praying, I know God will bless you. IF HE DOESNT GIFT THEM WITH A CHILD IT DOESNT MEAN HE HASN’T BLESSED THEM AND YOU DONT KNOW HIS PLANS.
5) HAVE YOU CONSIDERED ADOPTION? HAVE YOU CONSIDERED THAT’S NOT THEIR DESIRE?
6) Are you pregnant? REALLY~~~~NEVER ASK THIS TO ANYONE!
7) You should be glad you don’t have kids! NO~~JUST NO.
Thank you for reading, I’d love to hear your thoughts and comments.
And don’t forget to subscribe.